Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Video from Gerda's funeral

(From Joe Haynie)

Dear family,
Thanks so much for your calls, letters, love, and support during the past few days as we've celebrated the life of Gerda Pratt Haynie and participated in her funeral. The visiting during the viewing, the funeral service (messages and music), the internment, the lunch, and the visiting afterward were so memorable to me.A number of you have asked whether it was recorded or not. I was able to get a recording of most of it (my batteries ran out halfway through the closing song and so I missed Glen's closing prayer). I've posted this recording on my website as a "podcast". I've submitted my newly created podcast site to iTunes and Zune so those of you who use those services should be able to find them tomorrow or the next day by searching under podcasts for "Joe Haynie" and subscribing (I'll be putting music and musings out there from time to time).For those of you who have not yet joined the wonderful world of "podcasting" but would just like to hear the funeral go to the following link and either download the funeral file (it's big--almost 90MB) or try clicking on it to open it and listen to it on your PC.

http://joe.haynie.name/podcasts/joehayniepodcasts.xml

No comments: